The planning process can be divided into several steps. Not every step is equally necessary in all processes and not all steps need equal attention in every new plan. Sometimes, several steps can be integrated into one large step, depending on the situation. The FAO  describes the following steps:
• Step 1: Establish goals and terms of reference.
• Step 4: Identify opportunities for change.
• Step 5: Evaluate land suitability.
• Step 6: Appraise the alternatives.
• Step 10: Monitor and revise the plan.
Was this article helpful?