Regulation (EC) 1881/2006 provides that:
• Foods containing a contaminant at a level exceeding the maximum level established shall not be sold.
• The maximum level applies to the edible part.
• For dried, diluted, processed or compound foods for which no specific maximum level has been established, a concentration/dilution factor, or relative proportion factor is to be applied. This factor has to be provided and justified by the food business operator. If the food business operator does not provide the necessary concentration or dilution factor, then a competent authority shall itself define that factor, based on the available information and with the objective of maximum protection of human health.
• The maximum level also applies to products used as food ingredients.
• Mixing contaminated and non-contaminated consignments and detoxification of myco-toxins by chemical treatment are prohibited.
• In the absence of a clear indication of the intended use on the label of each individual bag, box, etc., or on the original accompanying document of a batch of groundnuts and derived products or cereals, the maximum levels established for these products for human consumption shall be applicable.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.