1. McCurdy SA, Farrar JA, Beaumont JJ, Samuels SJ, Green RS, Scott LC, Schenker MB. Nonfatal occupational injury among California farm operators. J Agric Saf Health. 2004;10:103-19.
2. Rautiainen RH, Lange JL, Hodne CJ, Schneiders S, Donham KJ. Injuries in the Iowa Certified Safe Farm Study. J Agric Saf Health. 2004;10:51-63.
3. Locker AR, Dorland JL, Hartling L, Pickett W. Economic burden of agricultural machinery injuries in Ontario, 1985 to 1996. J Rural Health. 2003;19:285-91.
4. Rautianinen RH, Reynolds SJ. Mortality and morbidity in agriculture in the United States. J Agric Saf Health. 2002;8:259-76.
5. McCurdy SA, Samuels SJ, Carroll DJ, Beaumont JJ, Morrin LA. Injury risks in children of California migrant Hispanic farm worker families. Am J Ind Med. 2002;42:124-33.
6. Leigh JP, McCurdy SA, Schenker MB. Costs of occuptional injuries in agriculture. Public Health Rep. 2001;116:235-48.
7. Tiwari PS, Gite LP, Dubey AK, Kot LS. Agricultural injuries in Central India: Nature, magnitude, and economic impact. J Agric Saf Health. 2002;8:95-111.
8. Franklin RC, Mitchell RJ, Driscoll TR, Fragar LJ. Agricultural work-related fatalities in Australia, 1989-1992. J Agric Saf Health. 2001;7:213-27.
9. Xiang H, Wang Z, Stallones L, Keefe TJ, Huang X, Fu X. Agricultural work-related injuries among farmers in Hubei, Peoples Republic of China. Am J Public Health. 2000;90:1269-76.
10. Rasmussen K, Carstensen O, Lauritsen JM. Incidence of unintentional injuries in farming based on one year of weekly registration in Danish farms. Am J Ind Med. 2000;38:82-9.
11. Crawford JM, Wilkins JR 3rd, Mitchell GL, Moeschberger JL, Bean TL, Jones LA. A cross-sectional case control study of work-related injuries among Ohio farmers. Am J Ind Med. 1998;34:588-99.
12. Mag PK, Nag A. Drudgery, accidents and injuries in Indian agriculture. Ind Health. 2004;42:149-62.
13. Feyer AM, Williamson AM, Stout N, Driscoll T, Usher H, Langley JD. Comparison of work-related fatal injuries in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand: Method and overall findings. Inj Prev 2001:7:22-8.
14. Adekoya N, Myers JR. Fatal harmful substances or environmental exposures in agriculture, 1992 to 1996. J Occup Environ Med. 1999;41:699-705.
15. Pickett W, Hartling L, Dimich-Ward H, Guernsey JR, Hagel L, Voaklander DC, Brison RJ. Surveillance of hospitalized farm injuries in Canada. Inj Prev. 2001;7:123-8.
16. Ghaffar A, Hyder AA, Bishai D. Newspaper reports as a source for injury data in developing countries. Health Policy Plan. 2001;16:322-5.
17. Browning SR, Westneat SC, Donnelly C, Reed D. Agricultural tasks and injuries among Kentucky farm children: Results of the Farm Family Health and Hazard Surveillance Project. South Med J. 2003:96:1203-12.
18. McCurdy SA, Carroll DJ. Agricultural injury. Am J Ind Med. 2000;38:463-80.
19. Gerberich SG, Gibson RW, French LR, Renier CM, Lee TY, Carr WP, Shutske J. Injuries among children and youth in farm households: Regional Rural Injury Study-I. Inj Prev. 2001;7:117-22.
20. Rivara FP. Fatal and non-fatal farm injuries to children and adolescents in the United States, 1990-3. Inj Prev. 1997;3:190-4.
21. Goldcamp M, Hendricks KJ, Myers JR. Farm fatalities to youth 1995-2000: A comparison by age groups. J Safety Res. 2004;35:151-7.
22. Lilley R, Feyer AM, Langley J, Wren J. The New Zealand child work-related fatal injury study:1985-1998. N S Med J. 2004;117:U891.
23. Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Suffocations in grain bins—Minnesota, 1992-1995. MMWR Morb Mortal Wekly Rep. 1996;45:837-41.
24. Pros Z, Vrtiskova J. Scal replantation—a case report. Acta Chir Plast. 1994;36:107-10.
25. Karaman K, Gverovic-Antunica A, Rogosic V. Lakos-Krzelj V, Rozga A, Rado-caj-Perko S. Epidemiology of adult eye injuries in Split-Damatian county. Croat Med J. 2004;45:304-9.
26. Alexe DM, Petriodou E, Desspypris N, Skenderis N, Trichopoulos D. Characteristics of farm injuries in Greece. J Agric Saf Health. 2003;9:233-40.
27. Kirkhorn SR, Schenker MB. Current health effects of agricultural work: Respiratory disease, cancer, reproductive effects, musculoskeletal injuries, and pesticide-related illnesses. J Agric Saf health. 2002;8:999-214.
28. Stiernstrom EL, Holmberg S, Thelin A, Svardsudd K. Reported health status among farmers and nonfarmers in nine rural districts. J Occup Environ Med. 1998;40:917-24.
29. Sibai AM, Shaar NS, El Yassir S. Impairments, disabilities and needs assessment among non-fatal war injuries in South Lebanon, Grapes of Wrath, 1996. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2000;54:35-9.
30. Bhutta SA. Children of war: The real casualties of the Afghan conflict. BMJ. 2002;324:349-52.
31. Anderson N, da Sousa CP, Paredes S. Social cost of land mines in four countries: Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cambodia, and Mozambique. BMJ. 1995;311:718-21.
32. Kinra S, Black ME. Landmine related injuries in children of Bosnia and Herzegovina 1991-2000: Comparisons with adults. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003;57:264-5.
33. Center for Disease Control. Injuries associated with landmines and unexploded ordnance—Afghanistan, 1997-2002. JAMA. 2003;290:1846-7.
34. O'Rourke G, Hanley K, Dowling J, Murphy A, Bury G. The use of basic life support kits in general practice. Ir Med J. 1999;92:399-400.
35. Arreola-Risa C, Mock CN, Lojero-Wheatly L, de la Cruz O, Garcia C, Canavanti-Ayub F, Jurkovich GJ. Low-cost improvements in prehospital trauma care in a Latin American city. J Trauma. 2000;48:119-24.
36. VanRooyen MJ. Development of prehospital emergency medical services: Strategies for system assessment and planning. Pac Health Dialog. 2002;9:86-92.
37. Stueland DT, McCarty JE, Stamas P Jr, Gunderson PD. Evaluation of agricultural rescue course by providers. Prehospital Disaster Med. 1996;11:234-8.
38. Stueland D, McCarty J, Stamas P Jr. Prehospital care of agricultural injuries. Pre-hospital Disaster Med. 1993;8:193-7.
39. Applebaum D. The impact of a physician-staffed mobile intensive care unit. Am J Emerg Med. 1985;3:15-8.
40. Cope AR, Dove AF, Kulendrarajah T, McLauchlan CA. Are accident flying squads also worthwhile for medical emergencies? J R Soc Med 1991;84:144-6.
41. Fleisher M, Lindstrom D. Evaluating the implementation of health policy: Prehospital care in Pennsylvania. Eval Program Plann. 1997;10:43-51.
42. Ariyahayagam DC, Naraynsingh V, Maraj I. The impact of the ATLS course on traffic accident mortality in Trinidad and Tobago. West Indian Med J. 1992;41:72-4.
43. Boyington T, Williams D. Pre-hospital care—current concepts. Accid Emerg Nurs. 1995;3:45-7.
44. Karwat ID. Major medical and social needs of disabled rural inhabitants. Ann Agric Environ Med 1998;5:117-26.
45. Chau N, Gauchard GC, Siegfried C, Benamghar L, Dangelzer JL, Francais M, Jacquin R, Sourdot A, Perrin PP, Mur JM. Relationships of job, age, and life conditions with the causes and severity of occupational injuries in construction workers. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2004;77:60-66.
46. Ehrlich GE. Back pain. J Rheumatol Suppl. 2003;67:26-31.
47. Anke AG, Fugl-Meyer AR. Life satisfaction several years after severe multiple traumas—a restrospective investigation. Clin Rehabil. 2003;17:431-42.
48. Lea RD, Etheredge GD, Freeman JN, Lloyd Wax B. Familial disability patterns in individuals with chronic work-related spine injury/illness. Spine. 2003;28:2292-7.
49. Hagglund KJ, Clark MJ, Mokelke EK, Stout BJ. The current state of personal assistance services: Implications for policy and future research. NeuroRehabilita-tion. 2003;19:115-20.
50. Young AE, Murphy GC. Spinal cord injury rehabilitation outcomes: A comparison of agricultural and non-agricultural workers. Aust J Rural health. 1998;6:175-80.
Was this article helpful?