Field procedures for EM measurements follow the basic design that must be employed for most geophysical methods. The process of making a series of geophysical measurements in the field is commonly called a survey. The field procedure for a specific objective is determined by answering a number of questions, including the following:
• What are the objectives of the survey?
• What is the nature of the subsurface environment?
• What are the electrical properties of the materials at the site?
• What is the nature of the site access?
• How will cultural features affect the measurements?
Was this article helpful?