The RAND Frederick S. Pardee Center for Longer Range Global Policy and the Future Human Condition was established in 2001 through a gift from Frederick S. Pardee. The RAND Pardee Center seeks to enhance the overall future quality and condition of human life by improving longer-range global policy and long-term policy analysis. In carrying out this mission, the center concentrates on five broad areas:
• Developing new methodologies, or refining existing ones, to improve thinking about the long-range effects of policy options.
• Developing improved measures of human progress on a global scale.
• Identifying policy issues with important implications for the long-term future—35 years and beyond.
• Using longer-range policy analysis and measures of global progress to improve near-term decisions that have long-term effects.
• Collaborating with like-minded institutions and colleagues, including international organizations, academic research centers, futures societies, and individuals around the globe.
Inquiries regarding the RAND Pardee Center may be directed to:
James A. Dewar Director
RAND Pardee Center
1776 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138
Phone: (310) 393-0411 ext. 7554
Web site: http://www.rand.org/pardee
Was this article helpful?