Decisionmaker: Bill Walton
Site: Middlesburg, TN
1. Animal type Milkers Heifers
3. Number of animals (N)
7. Total volume of manure production for animal type for storage period, ft3 2Q 475
8. Total manure production for storage period, ft3 (TVM) ________ 27,/0/
9. Daily wastewater volume per AU, ft3/AU/day (DWW) = 10. Total wastewater volume for animal description for storage period, ft3 0
11. Total wastewater volume for Q A^D storage period, ft3 (TWW)---------------------------------9 450
12. Amount of bedding used daily for animal type, lbs/AU/day (WB) = -
14. Bedding volume for animal type for storage period, ff3 =
15. Total bedding volume for storage period, ft3 (TBV) =
Minimum waste storage volume requirement
16. Waste storage volume, ft3 (WV) = TVM + TWW + TBV = _
Waste stacking structure sizing
Notes for waste stacking structure:
1. The volume determined (WSV) does not include any volume for freeboard. It is recommended that a minimum of 1 foot of freeboard be provided for a waste stacking structure.
2. The equations for L, WI, and H assume manure is stacked to average height equal to the sidewall height. Available storage volume must be adjusted to account for these types of variations.
Total height (or depth) of tank desired, ft (H)------
Less precipitation for storage period, ft.-----
(uncovered tanks only)
Less depth allowance for accumulated solids, ft -(0.5 ft. minimum)
22. Rectangular tank dimensions Total height, ft (H) =-
23. Circular tank dimensions Total height, ft H =
Was this article helpful?