1. Does the plant you selected, reproduce asexually? If so, describe how. Is this an important reason why your species is considered a weed?.
2. Why does clonal reproduction become important in northern environments or in other harsh environments?
3. Explore the available literature and list some examples of weeds that have a phalanx growth form, or a guerrilla growth form.
4. How would asexual reproduction in weeds influence their management?
5. Considering the management regime for your lawn, design a 'perfect weed' for colonization and persistence.
Was this article helpful?