1. How are seeds and/or fruits dispersed in your selected species, and what are its safe site conditions? What type of seed bank does it have?
2. When trying to reduce the seed bank of a weed, how would the type of dormancy (primary vs. secondary) affect control strategies?
3. Crops have been selected for seeds with no dormancy. Given that most weeds have some type of dormancy, how will this influence management of agricultural and forestry weeds.
4. Explain why in the Eriksson (2000) model (Fig. 6.2), the hump of the dispersal and colonizing ability curve moves to the left in disturbed sites.
5. Explain the benefits of dispersing in time and/or space.
Was this article helpful?